Monday, October 12, 2009

How do i change the format of a document when emailing?

When sending an attachment with an email I have been asked to change the format of the attachment. How do I do this?
How do i change the format of a document when emailing?
If it is a .exe file you wont be able to send it cause of security reasons... viruses and all.





Try using winzip or winrar to compress it before sending it, otherwise you could try adding a .doc or .xls to the file's name.





If the person you wanna send it to lives close to you, it will just be easier to use a memory stick or something.
Reply:Well, this sounds strange to me. I know Outlook doesn't let you send or receive .exe or similar files. Generally, in that case I try to zip the files using Winzip and then send them. Just a way around. But I am not so sure about this formatting thing.





You can try zipping the files if that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive