Saturday, October 24, 2009

I keep getting a 5.1.0 Unknown address 550 error when emailing schools. How do I get through?

School have pretty sophisticated spam filters and I can't send emails from my Outlook program with rcn.com. Please give me some good advice on how I can get in touch with teachers and coaches through email.
I keep getting a 5.1.0 Unknown address 550 error when emailing schools. How do I get through?
go tough the local board of education then acces the school u want
Reply:550 Administrative prohibition is a very vague description but it can be tied to the following,





- incorrect authentication with smtp server


- remote blacklist


- smtp server rules


- smtp server requires a reverse dns lookup where none is provided


- relaying is not permitted within your network (if your webserver is routing emails to another mail server on your network)





And countless more I am sure.
last name

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive